Friday, February 6, 2015

vongut "Vongut" (jujufrootcoop)


[[$5 // Edition of 10 // https://jujufrootcoop.bandcamp.com/album/vongut ]]

At the time of my writing this, there are only four copies remaining but I expect them to go quickly.    These are two songs from Canadian noise maker vongut and I'm not sure why I've heard the name jujufrootcoop before but it does ring a bell with me also.

Each of these songs (and thus side of the cassette) is around a minute and a half of harsh noise.  It's distorted static that keeps blasting right until it cuts off at the very end.   I can hear words at times either being spoken or screamed but they are muffled behind the cloud of it all.

Even though this is something that I will probably not be able to get on cassette (By the time I get the money and all the stars align they'll be sold out for sure) there are two other cassette releases from vongut, though the "Demo" lets you order it but has a footnote that it is sold out so I'm not sure what's going on there.

If nothing else, this is a nice sampling of what vongut can do as I hope to hear more of this and hopefully at least one of the next reviews I do ("BitchSlitter" most likely) will be as a cassette.

Additional Links: vongut Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment