Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sleater-Kinney "No Cities To Love" (Sub Pop)


The best part about reviewing Sleater-Kinney is that I don't have to find comparisons to make because at this point in time Sleater-Kinney simply sounds like Sleater-Kinney and more importantly as I listen to this what I can hear is the influence that this band has had on its contemporaries.   Wow, so much of so many bands that came after SK come out in this and as such I suspect a lot of my comparisons this year will revolve around this album.

Regardless of how anyone might feel about this album- and I for one think it's rocking- you cannot deny the place of Sleater-Kinney in music history and if this album only serves as a way for someone who has never heard of Sleater-Kinney before to not only hear them for the first time here but also go back and listen to their older releases well then it all seems worth it.

Additionally, I know very little about the musicians which make up Sleater-Kinney as a band but considering their place in the history of rock n roll I highly suspect that none of them would have decided to release a new album if they didn't fully stand behind it and believe it to be that damn good.    I'm really a fan of this and it is in line as one of my early favorites for the year, but this should become like all other Sleater-Kinney music: timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment