Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Milo's Planes "Aural Palate Cleaning Exercises"


[€5 for CD or Download // https://milosplanes.bandcamp.com/album/aural-palate-cleaning-exercises]

When I first started listening to this- and I mean the very first time, within the first song or two- I could hear some Cheap Trick but that actually ended up changing as the album went on and the more that I listened to it the more I could only hear this as a sort of punk rock n roll or punk n roll even.

Somewhere between Local H by way of their first album and Refused this has a definite quality of loud rock that also reminds me of just the first time that I heard Trail of Dead and that in and of itself should be enough for this to be in your top rotation not just this year but forever.

You know, even if Milo's Planes are my age or around it anyway there is no guarantee that they listened to and are influenced by the same things as me so when I hear what I hear some other people might hear something more recent in a sense.   And that's what you have to love about this heavy, sing it till you lose your voice rock because there is so much of it out there you can pick and choose the good bits of it to create an amazing album such as "Aural Palate Cleansing Exercises".

No comments:

Post a Comment