Friday, February 6, 2015

Collection "Late in the night" [VIDEO]



The video for "Late in the night" by Collection reminds me a bit of something I would have seen on Mtv from the Smashing Pumpkins, though the two bands aren't really that similar otherwise.  

The song itself is also the first track on a four song EP which is available now to download for free from their Bandcamp page here: http://wearecollection.bandcamp.com/

While the first song is in the video it also appears as the fourth track but with the label of "old school" behind it.    The songs themselves are somewhere between Modest Mouse and Cage the Elephant but I really can't compare them with anything else because I just haven't heard anything else like this sort of whispering indie rock with elements of strings from an orchestra.

This all serves as a prelude to an eventual full length due out in May 2015 and I couldn't be more excited.  




No comments:

Post a Comment