Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dreamghost "Everything Is Alright" (Shoeboxx Recordings)


[Name Your Price Download // https://shoeboxxrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/everything-is-alright]

When I first got the email about a new release from Shoeboxx Recordings via Bandcamp I was hoping that it was going to be Dreamghost and though it is a digital only release I'll take what I can get from this amazing melody maker

These four songs should put you on an electric cloud between their piano and harp riffs that can only be pulled off in this manner by so many artists.    Basically, it's taking something special to do what is happening here without it sounding wrong and Dreamghost is doing just that.

As much as I was pleased with the Dreamghost cassette I reviewed before this I also enjoy these songs which you could be cliche about and say they put you on "Cloud 9", with their uplifting appeal, but I like to think of them more as being on some sort of bliss cloud and, yes, someone should totally make "bliss-cloud" a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment