Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mr Oizo "The Church"


Though this was released digitally in 2014 the CD version came out in 2015 and whatever the date is it doesn't matter because I've been looking for a reason to start listening to Mr. Oizo and this is my- and perhaps your- best way to get into these songs.    They're electronic at their heart but they have so much more than that.    It's audio samplings and beats mixed in ways I cannot describe.

You know, often times when I listen to music it can paint images in my head which in turn makes me think of it being the soundtrack to a movie.   It's hard to think of this as being the soundtrack to anything other than one of his films (I suggest "Wrong Cops") but the fact remains that if you like those films and the music in them then you shall like this as well.   And yes, that works both ways.     Just all around respect for this talented human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment